Monday, September 13, 2010

In Which Your Heroine Goes on a Grand Adventure

Tomorrow morning, I am leaving for a trip to Berlin, Germany and will also be spending a couple of days in Venice, Italy.  It is impossible for me to adequately express how excited I am to be going to Venice.  Ever since I learned we'd be able to go, my insides won't stop bouncing. Venice!  I am THRILLED.  Beyond thrilled.  There may not be any other place on the planet that I have more longed to see.  I plan to drink in the texture, the shade and light, the water reflections, the air and the smell and bridges and stones and churches and espressos and wine and art like it's the only thing keeping me alive, then store it up in my mind like a camel stores water.  I plan to swallow it alive.  Well, as much as can be done in 2 days.

Anyone have any recommendations for goodies I should be on the look out for to bring home?  Italian chocolates?  German jams?

I'll do my best to report back on our culinary adventures.  We'll see how well that goes (dubious).  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Celeste September 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

Italian chocolate: yes! Amadei (sold at the airport in duty-free), de Rubeis. Look for the soft nougat torrone with fruits & nuts, sold in big slabs. Real choc/hazelnut paste made in Torino (Barratti brand, IIRC).

Shelly September 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

Wow!! Have fun!! What's the occasion?

NOJuju September 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

@Celeste: noooougat *drools* Choco-hazelnut paste?? Like Nutella but better? I might die of bliss. Making notes. Thank you!

@Shelley: Going to visit my dear friend, who lives in Berlin. We've both experienced some big, fat, heart-smashing disappointments in the past few months, so she is treating us to a bit of Venetian luxury to drown our woes in. Sounds like just what the dr. ordered, doesn't it?

Anonymous,  September 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

have a marvelous trip! and be safe!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP